So I’m still on my self-imposed No-Spend Maytember challenge. So far, I’ve been doing pretty well — I even managed to cook two meals
much to the surprise of my boyfriend without going to the grocery store. (Sidenote, bbq sauce + veggies + chicken —(crockpot magic)—-> deliciousness.)
This week I finally broke down and bought a few things. It still took a lot of effort not to
throw the rest of my money away buy other stuff. Anyway, here are my favorites this week:
1. The chain on my trusty Dogeared necklace is apparently not real gold/silver and is leaving green stains on my neck after my long runs. So I decided to invest in a sweet Erica Sara Designs 26.2 necklace. Eeee.
2. Banana Republic was having a really awesome sale last week (40% off with code BRSUMMER until this evening) and I scored two more wrap dresses — one in aqua and one in a pretty cobalt. Actually, I already own one in a cute flower print, but I … um … needed a couple more for work. Right. A likely story. But hey, now I can finally dress like Kate Middleton. Sort of.
3. Okay, I already own one of Lululemon’s fabulous Scoop Neck Tanks (I’ve had it for five years now — Lululemon lasts forever) so it took all my effort not to stock up when I spied them in the We Made Too Much Section. I even tweeted about it. Why I was reading the Lululemon website, well, that I will never know, especially since I’m not supposed to be buying clothes. But oh well.
4. When I was at the race expo for the OKC Marathon I sampled some Kize bars, which are raw protein bars that are local to my
awesome home state of OK. They’re tasty and dessert-like so I ordered a few more to take with me to lab so that I won’t starve. Because, you know, food is the last thing on your mind when you’re pipetting saliva (I mean, what? Oh, sorry, I forgot this is primarily a fashion blog).
5. New running kicks! I literally bought these Adidas Marathon 10s in five seconds because they are green…and on sale (20% off with coupon code TRI, and free shipping). I hope I can run in them.
6. I am obsessed with nuun lately. Gone are the days I would pour salt into my water after a long run. At least for a while. I really want to try the watermelon flavor (I am a watermelon freak, no joke).
What are your favorites this week?
Have a great one!