howdy, it’s been a while. i’ve been busy …
– being on spring break / going to lab
– reading seven types of ambiguity by elliott perlman
– baking muffins (ok, one batch)
– getting addicted to mocha frolattes at saxby‘s (had to stage an intervention; fancy coffee addiction can be financially draining as a grad student.)
– eating ridic (i love this word; i don’t understand why it doesn’t get used more often) salads with hummus … yummus. picture tomorrow (packed one for lunch!), if i remember.
– eating reheated oatmeal i froze after cooking it in bulk (note: if you want to do this, use steel cut oats – anything else will get soggy. or, don’t cook the oats all the way.)
education in the news …
every once in a while ridiculous things happen with school boards. have you seen this article in the ny times? the texas school board has approved a measure to change what they teach in textbooks through a party-line vote. yikes, hope science isn’t next to be subject to revisionist lawmakers. yep … guess i went there.
anyway … hope you’re having a great monday.